About Me

My photo
... Lover of all things bright and beautiful x

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Eye eye Captain! My ever faithful eyeliners x

Hello lovelies

So the question I get asked the most is "how do you do your eyeliner like that?" and on a Saturday night I have to do all my girlfriends eyes before we hit the cocktail bars so here is my tips for the perfect feline flicks...

Get the right tools:
A good workman never blames his tools and neither should you... Get the right ones and you're half way there. Here are my best liquid eyeliners that I couldn't live without.

Rimmel Professional Liquid Eye Liner:
Cheap and cheerful, for me this is the best and I've tried them all! It has nothing to do with cost as I will pay pretty much whatever if I like it, but this little beauty really is a make-up bag must have. The brush is super fine so you can really get some great detail. It comes in a few colours but I always go for 'Black Glamour'. The best bit... it costs around £5!


Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Liquid Eye Liner:
Ladies... This bad boy STAYS ON ALL DAY AND NIGHT! No joke this is a saviour for bad weather, colds, contact lens wearers the list goes on! I tried it on the back of my hand at the counter and carried on with my shopping. About 10 minutes later I tried to wipe it off and I couldn't! I tried rubbing it with my finger, used a wet tissue and still it wouldn't budge! It was then I knew I had to have it... I now use it for nights out to ensure my flicks stay in place all night long no matter how much dancing is done! It has a nib as opposed to a brush so I personally find it harder to apply but it does mean it's great for under eyeliner. It's a bit more pricey at £18 but so worth it!
The Science bit:
The best way to apply is to start with the line that you want on your lid first working outwards (1). Play around with thickness's (I prefer thinner for the day and thicker for more impact when going out). This gives you the best start to getting it even. Then you do the flick starting from the outside in (2). Decide where you want it to end, whether you want it high or straight . Draw the top line of the flick in first (3), then the bottom (4) and then fill it in (5)! Simples x


2 comments:

  1. Great tips!Random, but I really like your blog background =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You can get your own @shabbyblogs.com and they are totally free! x

    ReplyDelete